I'm excited to start a new habit, as I've really enjoyed getting back into journalling last month. Check out last month's challenge here and how I achieved it here. They say that you can build up your self discipline through small and consistent actions and I definitely feel my self discipline growing.
So many possible challenges for this month, I had some great suggestions for the revolutionary challenge for May come in via my Facebook page such as reconnecting with someone on my Facebook face to face every week, giving up plastic for the month or trying something new every day. I have marked these for the next couple of months so I can properly prepare for them!
This Month I'm focusing on Slowing Down
Yes, I'm giving up being busy. No more multitasking or rushing everywhere all day. Do you notice when you ask people how they are these days, their first answer is usually something like "flat out", "busy" or "non-stop"! So much so that we've become addicted to being busy....but what are we actually busying ourselves with? We are too busy to exercise, meditate, eat properly or be with the people we love. Is it worth it?
By slowing down, I'm going to prioritise the activities that are most meaningful in my life and focus on experiencing life, not rushing through it. The stress that is caused by our busyness is causing us to breakdown, fall ill and actually age quicker. Who wants that?
Practices for the Month
This month, I'm focusing on connecting with people, connecting to the food I'm eating, connecting to the nature around me and connecting to my meaning of life. Here are some of the daily practices I'm focusing on:
- Be focused at work. Consciously working in sprints of 40 minutes each with a specific purpose.
- Put aside time to cook delicious healthy meals and savor the time eating. No multi-tasking while eating. That means eating all meals at the dining room table and not in front of my computer or in front of the TV!
- Being conscious about the space around me and taking a few extra minutes every day to clear the space as I go. A big one for me is to put away my clothes immediately and don't let them pile up on the chair next to my bed! Yes I'm human too!
- Stretch myself further to disconnect to phones, tv and the internet when I don't need to be. No mobile phone 30 minutes before or after I sleep.
- It's about getting back to basics and prioritising self care like time to move, time to meditate and time to read and enjoy my hobbies and my friends and family.
How are you going to slow down this month?
I would love to hear your ideas of how you intend to slow down this month and more meaningful live life to the fullest. Please comment below.
Join the Community
Have you joined Revolutionary Central?
It’s a value-driven, bliss-seeking, purpose-focused deliciously awesome online community for everyday revolutionaries like you!
Membership is only $99 per year for a long list of online resources to help you live your most revolutionary life.